There are many “bloody stains” in the history. The violence and cruelty of dictators was the source of legends. The following list of the names is only the little part of the tyrants which existed in the human history. The names of Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini or Ivan the Terrible haven’t been mentioned in this list but they are also well-known for their unbelievable severity.
- Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, who is known as the last emperor from the Julio-Caludian dynasty. In the end of the year 58 he became completely unaware of the government and started the period of terror and tyranny. The numerous prosecutions of the cases connected with insulting of the emperors name were aimed to get rid of his political opponents. The violent governor also put his wife Octavia and his mother Agrippina to death. He is believed to fiddle while Rome was burning. Nero was the one who initiated the victimization of the first Christians.
- Vlad Tsepesh, the prototype of Dracula, was also named “Impaler”. Being 12 years old he was taken captive by the Turkish invaders. The young boy spend 4 years in Turkish prison. Because of these tragic events the psychics of Vlad Tsepesh was disturbed. In 1448 he lost his father and brother. In 1456 when he ascended the throne he became taking revenge for his murdered family. More than 500 people were put to an awful death via staking up.
- Maximilien François Marie Isidore de Robespierre was one of the leaders of French revolution. He succeeded in getting rid of his opponents and even former close associate. Jacobin terror was one of the most awful periods in the history of France.
- Pol Pot, a Cambodian political leader who founded the Khmer Rouge movement. In 1967 the military division guided by Pol Pot invaded Pnomh Penh. The whole population of Cambodia was subjected to the terror of his regime. All the people were to live in communities. They were also prohibited to laugh, cry and express sympathy. Weak and ill people were killed immediately. Pol Pot supposed that the population should be powerful and healthy. In that way he claimed sympathy to be a crime.
- Idi Amin, the dictator of Uganda was one of the most violent rulers of the world. He not only initiated the large number of political murders and repressions but also killed his opponents by himself. The people of Uganda couldn’t bury all the killed and the bodies were given to crocodiles which ate them.